Product Terms and Conditions | Promotional Competition Rules Overview | Lucky Subscription Terms and Conditions | Promotional Competition Winners
Promotional Competition Rules
- Greystone Trading 1590 CC (“the Promoter”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is a supplier of content (“content”) such as ringtones, pictures and information to consumers (the “consumer” or “you”) on their mobile phones. The content is able to be purchased by Vodacom, MTN and Cell C and 8ta (the “Network/s”) contract and prepaid subscribers in South Africa (the “services”).
- You must be 18 years or older to purchase content and to be eligible to win a prize in the Promotional Competitions (the “Competitions”) and you must have the account holder’s permission to use these services.
- Our Competitions comply with section 36 of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) and are open to all South African residents, subject to the restrictions indicated in these Competition Rules (the “Rules”). Changes to circumstances (such as changes to the CPA) may mean that we need to change these Rules. If possible we will let you know well before we do this, but as we have so many Competitions this may not be possible. Please check these Rules from time to time to see if there are any changes.Â
- There is no fee for entry into the Competitions but normal Network charges may apply when you send messages to us. Please remember that there are fees due for the content items you request (but not to enter the Competitions aside from the Network fees which are always below R1.50) and these fees can be found in our terms and conditions of service.
- Prizes are in the form of airtime, cash or a physical prize depending on the Competition.
- Airtime Prizes: All winners of airtime prizes will be supplied with a prepaid airtime voucher via SMS for the Network that they are on (please remember that 8ta is not included). If you are a prepaid subscriber to a Network then you can use this airtime or you can sell it or send it to a friend by forwarding the SMS to them. If you are a contract subscriber to a Network you will not be able to redeem the airtime but you can still sell / give the airtime another person by sending the SMS to them. You are entitled to demand that we provide you with proof that we sent the airtime to you. The different types of airtime prizes that can be won are:
- Vodacom MTN Cell C 8ta
- R5 R5 R5 R5
- R12 R10 R10 R10
- R29 R30 R25 R30
- R55 R60 R50 R50
- R1100 R180 R150 R250
- Cash Prizes: All cash prizes will either be paid into your South African Bank Account or collected from our offices (see our contact details below). You are entitled to demand that we provide you with proof that we paid this cash to you.
- Physical Prizes: Physical prizes (such as watches and gifts) can be collected from our offices or sent to you by post at no cost to you. As we do not control the postal system we will not be responsible if your prize is lost/misplaced/stolen after it has been posted but you are entitled to demand that we provide you with proof that we posted it to you.
How Prizes are Awarded
- There are three different types of Competitions that we run:
- Airtime Competition: You are automatically entered into this Competition when purchasing an item of content and stand a random chance to win the prizes indicated in the individual Competitions based on the timing of the purchase of the content item. There is no limit to the number of entries to this Competition.
- Cash Competition: You are automatically entered into this Competition when purchasing an item of content but you may only enter the competition once. The purchaser of the most content items in a particular space of time (the time is indicated on our website) wins a cash prize.
- Ad Hoc Competition: There are various competitions that are offered on an irregular basis and have a physical prize that is won. The actual prize is indicated to you by SMS and the action that you need to take to win the prize is also contained in that SMS.
- The CPA requires that you provide us with your name and identity number before we can provide you with your prize.
- Winners will usually be notified by SMS within approximately 15 minutes from being selected as a winner in the Competitions, although the timing of the SMS will depend on the Networks and is out of our control.Â Alternatively winners will be notified by means of a telephone call to the mobile phone number that sent in the winning entry. We will attempt to contact Competition winners during normal office hours. In the event that the prize winner is not available, a further 3 attempts will be made during normal office hours to contact the winner, if no response is received the prize will be forfeited to the next eligible participant in the Competition.
- Prize winners can be drawn daily, weekly or monthly depending on the promotional competition and the frequency of awarding prizes will be communicated to you in the form of a SMS and is available on our website which can be found at www.win-airtime.co.za.
- We run many Competitions all the time. As a result we cannot tell you the end of each Competition within these Rules or the list of prizes. However you can obtain the end date of each Competition and prizes applicable to each from our website (“website”).
- Unless the prize is cash, no part of a prize is exchangeable for cash nor can you exchange one prize for another. You can opt out of the competitions if you wish but we cannot understand why you would (as entry is free). If you want to opt out please reply by SMS with the words “out”.
- Our Competitions are overseen by our Accountants.
- The judge's decision is final and no negotiations will be entered into.
- We may suspend the services and Competitions to repair, maintain and/or upgrade our systems. In such event, we will aim at keeping the interruption as short as possible and cause as little inconvenience to you as possible.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, individual services and Competitions provided by us. If a service is to be permanently discontinued by us, we will notify you as early as we can of this fact and if you have already paid for any content item we will refund your purchase.
- No person who is a director, employee or agent of or consultant to the Promoter, or the Promoter’s technology partners, or who is a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate to a director, employee or agent of or consultant to the Promoter, or the Promoter’s technology partners, is eligible to participate in or enter the Competitions.
- These Rules are governed by the laws of South Africa.
- Any income tax relating to the prize (if any) must be paid by you.
- If we have a reasonable suspicion that you are engaged in any fraudulent act or breaching these Rules we can suspend you and the awarding of any prize at our discretion pending an investigation into the matter. If we find that you have breached these rules and/or committed a fraudulent act you will be disqualified from entering into any further Competitions and from using the services and we may report you to the South African Police Services for criminal prosecution if applicable. We will inform you of your suspension or your disqualification by SMS or by telephone.
- We will not be responsible for any damages suffered by you related to the prize that you win or for any oral misrepresentation made to you relating to the Competition or its Rules.Â
- As a WASP we are bound by the Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct set by the Mobile Regulatory Authority, WASPA. Should you have a comment, complaint or query please visit the WASPA website: www.waspa.org.za or to view the Code of Conduct go to http://www.waspa.org.za/code/index.shtml
- We keep records of all Rules, winners and various other information required by the CPA for three years from the date of the Competition ends.
- For any competition enquiry including a copy of past Rules call Greystone Trading 1590 CC Customer Care on 0861 11 11 06 during normal working hours (Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm) or contact the Promoter by the following means: Postal Address: PO Box 6340 Roggebaai, 8001; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: 086 694 7354; Tel: 0861 11 11 06.